The conversation is happening, whether you’re a part of it or not. You can’t control what others say about you but you can control how you respond and, if you respond well, could end up gaining loyal fans.
- Craft pre-set responses for specific comments/ reviews
- Prepare for the worst, pray for the best. It’s a fact that you can’t please everyone, so take preemptive measures so you’re ready when reviewers strike. This will help take out the emotional undertones that can be felt and heard in responses to negative reviews.
- Be sure you customize these pre-set responses, there’s nothing worse than sounding like an insincere broken record.
- Have a set reputation management cadence
- This is another proactive step in the right direction when managing your online presence. When you make checking social media and review sites part of a routine, it allows you to stay on top of the conversation being had about you.
- React quickly and politely
- You don’t want a negative comment living unresponded to on the world wide web when there are bandwagoners all around us. As soon as you know about a not-so-hot review, respond ASAP and with charm. Do you know what arms you to do this? A consistent rep management cadence and prepped responses. 😉
- Take negative issues offline
- Don’t air your dirty laundry for everyone to see! At the end of your response to a negative review, offer the complainant an outlet to reach out, whether it be a DM or your direct phone line. This shows your willingness to listen and that’s all anyone really wants!
- Go digital defense on us!
- It’s easy to let your emotions get the best of you, especially when it comes to your baby, I mean business. But don’t let someone’s negative comments effect you. Take their feedback, thank them for it and, if it’s worthwhile, use it to better your business moving forward.
- Delete negative posts
- The fact of the matter – social media is living and breathing and someone probably already saw the negative post about the awful customer service they had at your establishment. Use this as an opportunity to show you’re listening and will take action so it doesn’t happen again.
- Be MIA
- If you don’t see it, it’s not there, right? Wrong! Reviews are happening whether you like it or not. By not responding to negative reviews or pretending they don’t matter, you are running putting your business into other people’s hands. Take the wheel and drive!
Need help with your online presence? Reach out!