If you haven’t already heard, last week Snapchat rolled out it’s newest redesign! Snapchat split the app into two sections, consolidating friend content (stories and direct snaps) on the left side, media content (sponsored content and featured celebrity stories) on the right, among other design changes.
With all the drama that came with the update, are you sitting wondering what this means for your business who actively uses Snapchat? Well don’t you worry, sometimes people don’t take change easily but, the fire eventually goes out and social media life goes back to normal. It takes people getting use to the new before it becomes the norm.
Along with the new design, Snapchat has added new text features that lets you change the font of your text, more moving filters and lenses, brought “Bestfriends” back and, a HUGE sneak peek of their analytics feature. YAY!
According to Yahoo! Finance Snapchat has also given thousands of creators are part of the Official Stories creator community the ability to start seeing “view count” and demographic analytics on their Snapchat profile.
“These new analytics include:
- Total Story Views in the past week, month and year to date.
- Time Spent Viewing Stories in minutes in the past week, month, and year to date.
- Daily unique story viewers, average time unique viewers spent watching, and completion rates
- Audience demographics like gender breakdown, top age bracket, and top geographic regions
- Audience interests like which lifestyle categories like film and TV, food, fashion , and sports their audiences care about”
Although this feature is only granted for Official Story content creators, it is very exciting news for businesses/brands because it means hopefully you’ll be able to see analytics linked to your Snapchat – and we know it’s all about the data!
Don’t have a Snapchat for your business or need some help with your social media efforts? Let’s chat!