Tribu Seeks a Tribe Graphic Designer.
Right Now, Tribu is Hiring. Yay! Growth! So, What’s This Role You Have There?
Tribe Graphic Designer. Basically, these individuals are responsible for three things:
Nothing but Stellar – Graphic Design at Tribu is all about about a balance between great design and strategic thinking (After all we are story tellers working towards goals, not just artists). This position will constantly challenge you as a graphic designer. You’ll get to work with all sorts of different projects, big and small, evolving your industry knowledge and turning great ideas into real concepts, but most importantly, you’ll be problem-solving on the most effective way to convey messages beautifully.
This role requires the following of some process in order to ensure best practice but has more than enough room for experimentation and autonomy to make your work shine. This position is timeline-driven and thrives on following self-set schedules and never missing deadline. Individuals who are self-responsible and crave feedback will thrive and succeed.
Last but not least individuals in this position respond well to pressure, are self-aware, and are high performers – ultimately, they are creative and the makers of visually functional knocks-your-socks-off end-products. In this role, you collaborate regularly with an award-winning design tribe.
No, really, what does a Graphic Designer do?
Here’s a couple of examples of design execution:
Because we’ve got to have some.
- A Degree in Graphic/Creative Communication Media.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- A Stunning Portfolio of Work (we welcome printed work as well as digital work).
- Curiosity is a must.
- A Timeline-Driven mentality.
- Humble, hungry, and smart.
Bring it on!
- Deadlines are everywhere.
- Sometimes the unexpected happens and you have to respond to it. None of us get to choose when the unexpected happens.
- The workload fluctuates. It’s not always 9 to 5. Sometimes it is, and sometimes it’s not.
- Sometimes design blocks happens, its ok, move on to the next item, refresh, then get back to it.
- It’s part of the fun but it’s also a challenge – you will never have the same day twice.
Now that you know the challenges, let’s get back to the good stuff.
- You help build brands and craft designs that change the world. You inspire people for a living.
- You are instrumental in helping entrepreneurs bring their ideas to life and you get to work with them all the time (also, with some really brilliant marketing teams). You will learn so much from them as well as Tribu.
- You will get to see and create innovative ideas for top-secret projects before the masses do and make a real impact by crafting designs for the world to see.
- You get to collaborate with the insanely stellar Tribe daily. That’s a group full of high performers that like to solve problems, share smarts, and bring epic stuff to life. Over 75 awards for their creativity to date.
- We’re a small company but our compensation perks are big company style. We offer healthcare and retirement savings options (with eligibility).
- Our office vibe is awesome. And there isn’t really a dress code.
- We have a culture club and it’s pretty fun. Our next activity is a Office Scavenger Hunt! We don’t know how it will go, but we know it will be insanely funny.
- At least a couple times a week someone brings donuts or tacos. Therefore, on those days you get to eat breakfast twice (it’s optional).
- The days, weeks, months, and years go by very fast here. You will almost never have to wait for the clock.
Tribu is a digital and design agency in San Antonio, Texas. We build “tribes” for our Tribe Partners (what most would call “Clients”). We’re award winning (over 70 wins in our seven years of business) and progressive. We believe in breaking stuff and pushing boundaries, productively. We like innovation, technology (namely, the internet), and stellar design. We use all the fine knowledge we’ve gained from pressing mysterious buttons, some formal education, past “work” experience, and life in general to 1) build the best brands for our Tribe Partners and 2) ideate and execute digital marketing campaigns with highly measurable ROI. Those two efforts equal our outcome: we inspire tribes…that is, groups of people. So basically, we inspire people (and some people call it advertising).
It’s laid-back in the sense that we wear what we want to the office (on most days) but it’s hustle, smarts, and grit that bonds our high performers and allow us to constantly celebrate victories with and for our Tribe Partners. We have problems too, like most companies, but our favorite thing about our culture is that we solve those problems together – we’ve got each other’s backs. We’re a Tribe. We’re humble and we hardcore believe in #workhardplayhard. We practice candor, deep respect, and enjoy the occasional office masseuse. Also, we welcome pups. We like breakfast tacos, dance parties, and witty puns or clever shenanigans. Laughter is prevalent here. Oh yeah, and we’re small but mighty – about 14 Tribe Members strong right now. Therefore, we know each other well and we like that too. Last but not least, we all know what #TribeLove means and while we embrace constant change #TribeLove and our desire to be surrounded by high performers are our unwavering constants.