Social Enterprise Awareness Strategy
As Santikos Entertainment’s social media management agency, Tribu has been charged with leading the communication of Santikos Entertainment’s new mission and focus – to give back to the San Antonio community in the form of donations, sponsorships, grants and programming.
From the beginning (October 2016), communicating this message has been the tribe’s top priority for Santikos. In formulating a strategy, we realized whatever we came up with had to:
- Communicate the gravity of Santikos’s new mission – the sheer individual impact of choosing to see a movie at Santikos vs elsewhere
- Avoid alienating end-users – by pushing too much serious, philanthropic focused content
- Communicate in a simple, easy-to-understand manner what a Social Enterprise is
- Never get stale or appear braggadocious
With these factors in mind, we moved forward with a Brand Awareness social ad strategy:
- Once a week, we launch a seven-day “Brand Awareness” objective ad on Facebook and Instagram, targeted at movie fans living in San Antonio, each focused on a different facet of Santikos’s Social Enterprise mission.
- To avoid “looking like” an ad, posts are curated as third-party media coverage, blog posts and press-releases already in existence, telling the story of Santikos’s impact in the community.
- Every week, we target the same audience with a fresh piece of curated content.
The key to everything is consistency – working fervently to ensure a fresh piece of content is posted and ran as an ad every week , never skipping a day.
To our delight, we found this strategy to be highly effective! By running curated third-party media postings, Santikos allowed their actions to do the talking.
The response to this campaign has overwhelmingly positive. End users appreciated this type of “smart” content, focused on educating rather than selling, which focused on actions rather than words.
By taking this relentless, consistent, and disciplined approach – the San Antonio community has been peppered with news and information around Santikos social enterprise effort daily, for 40 consecutive weeks – without pause. In doing so, hundreds of thousands of San Antonians have been exposed to this message – allowing Santikos to effectively communicate just how far a purchase at Santikos goes versus at another theatre.