TRIBU SEEKS A TRIBE STRATEGIST.Right Now, Tribu is Hiring. Yey! Growth! So, What’s This Role You Have There? Tribe Strategist. Basically, these individuals are responsible for three things:
What’s cool is the freedom in the “how” – getting to work with all sorts of different people and businesses, collaborating with various Tribe roles here at Tribu, and most importantly, problem solving non-stop to ideate and oversee the execution of our advertising strategies (within the realm of branding and digital marketing). There is some process in this role, but autonomy should be your preferred method of operation. This is the kind of role that invigorates the individual who thrives in ambiguity, who likes to be surrounded by stellar design talent, who responds well to pressure, and who has an uncanny knack for people-skills alongside a relentless curiosity. It’s for self-starting, self-aware, high performers with growing business acumen. It’s for people that value effectiveness but also the beauty of human connection and the importance of empathy. This role satiates that entrepreneurial strategic problem solving need that’s deeply rooted within. It’s for people who wouldn’t be excited by a job description, but feel giddy about this overview.
No really, what does a Tribe Strategist do?
Here’s a couple of examples:
The city you live in is celebrating its 300th birthday and you need to make sure that its citizens know about it and choose to participate. You put together a comprehensive strategy, work with some fine folks to refine it, get the approval and drive the execution. You’ve got social media calendars to review and approve from the Social Tribe, email marketing messages to create and send, and a stellar Design Tribe to collaborate with. You also have some ad dollars to spend and you get to decide where to put them. You generate a whole bunch of amazing results and get to take that back to our Tribe Partner. You realize you get to do it for another six months because they are so happy, and this time you get to make things even better – you start the process again.
Let’s be real – every job has parts of it that are tough.
- Deadlines are everywhere.
- Sometimes the unexpected happens and you have to respond to it. None of us get to choose when the unexpected happens.
- The workload fluctuates. It’s not always 9 to 5. Sometimes it is, and sometimes it’s not.
- Sometimes you have to work with people you don’t personally like. Tough shit, you professional, you. There’s good in everyone and sometimes it’s your job to find it and share it with the Tribe.
- There is pressure. It’s not internally created. But it’s still there. You’re working with entrepreneurs and killer marketing departments and their pressure is our pressure too.
- It’s part of the fun but it’s also a challenge – you will never have the same day twice.
Now that you know the challenges, let’s get back to the good stuff.
- You help build brands and craft strategies that change the world. You inspire people for a living.
- You are instrumental in helping entrepreneurs bring their ideas to life and you get to work with them all the time (also, with some really brilliant marketing teams). You will learn so much from them as well as Tribu.
- Because we like data, you can actually see your strategies working. That moment you see those numbers tick upwards is so exciting and gratifying it’s hard to put in words.
- The project diversity here is epic and many are really exciting. Sometimes you get to walk around the outside world with really cool secrets. It’s like you’re always the first to know what’s coming.
- You get to collaborate with the insanely stellar Tribe daily. That’s a group full of high performers that likes to solve problems, share smarts, and bring epic stuff to life.
- We’re a small company but our compensation perks are big company style. We offer healthcare and retirement savings options (with eligibility).
- Our office vibe is awesome. And there isn’t really a dress code.
- We have a culture club and it’s pretty fun. Our next activity is a Tribe and friends pool party with poolside karaoke. Yep, be brave.
- At least a couple times a week someone brings donuts or tacos. Therefore, on those days you get to eat breakfast twice (it’s optional).
- The days, weeks, months, and years go by very fast here. You will almost never have to wait for the clock.
- We don’t like listing years of experience because we don’t believe all experience is equal. If we had to guess we’d say a minimum of 3ish is nice and the more the merrier. We care about your past experience in the sense that it’s likely helped make you who you are today and the past is nice informant of the future (sometimes).
- You should have at least a Bachelor’s Degree and you get extra points if you studied a field such as Business, Marketing, or Communications.
- It really helps if you have some experience with SEM (SEO and PPC), WordPress, Analytics, Social Media Marketing, E-Mail Marketing, Digital Advertising Tools in general and can write clever ad copy. It also helps if you are one of those people who always notices typos and inconsistencies and have a natural appreciation for good design.
- This is a salaried and full-time position.
- Tribu is an equal opportunity employer.
It’s laid-back in the sense that we wear what we want to the office (on most days) but it’s hustle, smarts, and grit that bonds our high performers and allow us to constantly celebrate victories with and for our Tribe Partners. We have problems too, like most companies, but our favorite thing about our culture is that we solve those problems together – we’ve got each other’s backs. We’re a Tribe. We’re humble and we hardcore believe in #workhardplayhard. We practice candor, deep respect, and enjoy the occasional office masseuse. Also, we welcome pups. We like breakfast tacos, dance parties, and witty puns or clever shenanigans. Laughter is prevalent here. Oh yeah, and we’re small but mighty – about 14 Tribe Members strong right now. Therefore, we know each other well and we like that too. Last but not least, we all know what #TribeLove means and while we embrace constant change #TribeLove and our desire to be surrounded by high performers are our unwavering constants.
Want To Apply? Awesome!