TRIBU SEEKS A Digital Marketer.
Digital marketing needs to be your jam. If you find yourself randomly googling SEM tricks or saving social media ads to use as inspiration for future campaigns… well, this just might be for you. At Tribu, this role is big and is paired with implied leadership responsibility. For individuals who thrive in this role, digital marketing isn’t new to them. They’ve been at it a few years. What excites them about this role is having a Tribe of amazing resources and people to collaborate with – award-winning designers, web designers, and content marketers. Most exciting are the brands and mighty businesses you are marketing for – their variety and notoriety. As a Digital Marketer at Tribu, you have the largest effect on our overall outcome of building Tribes for the brands we serve. It’s the opposite of boring. It’s for fast-paced self-starters who enjoy digital marketing as a passion while admiring entrepreneurship and business. Individuals who thrive in this role maintain ownership for these three things, constantly:
What’s cool is the freedom in the “how” – getting to work with all sorts of different people and businesses, collaborating with various Tribe roles here at Tribu, and most importantly, problem solving non-stop to ideate and oversee the execution of our advertising strategies (within the realm of branding and digital marketing). There is some process in this role, but autonomy should be your preferred method of operation. This is the kind of role that invigorates the individual who thrives in ambiguity, who likes to be surrounded by stellar design talent, who responds well to pressure, and who has an uncanny knack for people-skills alongside a relentless curiosity. It’s for self-starting, self-aware, high performers with growing business acumen. It’s for people that value effectiveness but also the beauty of human connection and the importance of empathy. This role satiates that entrepreneurial strategic problem solving need that’s deeply rooted within. It’s for people who wouldn’t be excited by a job description, but feel giddy about this overview.
No really, what does a Tribe Strategist do?
Here’s a couple of examples:
You’ll collaborate with brands to set a tone of voice, extract and identify unique value propositions and establish communication cadence on a variety of digital media. You’ll negotiate advertising budgets and wisely allocate digital marketing dollars to measure and optimize CPC, CPA, CPL…all the Cs. You’ll analyze Tribu’s collective efforts for the brands you work with and continually adjust and refine channel strategies and tactics to help the entities we market for realize their goals and surpass them (in measurable, indisputable numbers). You’ll establish and track KPIs and get buy-in from key stakeholders on the direction we should all go. You’ll direct their marketing resources with Tribu (and sometimes, beyond Tribu).
Let’s be real – every job has parts of it that are tough.
- Deadlines are everywhere. You must thrive in a deadline environment and you need to be skilled at extracting priority.
- Sometimes the unexpected happens and you have to respond to it. None of us get to choose when the unexpected happens.
- The workload fluctuates. While the office hours are 9 to 5, there are many days that this job is not. Sometimes it is, and sometimes it’s not. We are a growing company, and we grow quickly.
- There is pressure. It’s not internally created. But it’s still there. You’re working with entrepreneurs and killer marketing departments and their pressure is our pressure too.
- It’s part of the fun but it’s also a challenge – you will never have the same day twice.
Now that you know the challenges, let’s get back to the good stuff.
- You help build brands and craft strategies that change the world. You inspire people for a living.
- You are instrumental in helping entrepreneurs bring their ideas to life and you get to work with them all the time (also, with some really brilliant marketing teams). You will learn so much from them as well as Tribu.
- Because we like data, you can actually see your strategies working. That moment you see those numbers tick upwards is so exciting and gratifying it’s hard to put in words.
- The project diversity here is epic and many are really exciting. Sometimes you get to walk around the outside world with really cool secrets. It’s like you’re always the first to know what’s coming.
- You get to collaborate with the insanely stellar Tribe daily. That’s a group full of high performers that likes to solve problems, share smarts, and bring epic stuff to life.
- We’re a small company but our compensation perks are big company style. We offer healthcare and retirement savings options (with eligibility).
- Our office vibe is awesome. And there isn’t really a dress code.
- We have a culture club and it’s pretty fun. Our next activity is a Tribe and friends pool party with poolside karaoke. Yep, be brave.
- At least a couple times a week someone brings donuts or tacos. Therefore, on those days you get to eat breakfast twice (it’s optional).
- The days, weeks, months, and years go by very fast here. You will almost never have to wait for the clock.
- We don’t like listing years of experience because we don’t believe all experience is equal. If we had to guess we’d say a minimum of 3ish is nice and the more the merrier. We care about your past experience in the sense that it’s likely helped make you who you are today and the past is a nice informant of the future (sometimes).
- You should have at least a Bachelor’s Degree and the preference is for a degree in Business, Marketing, or Communications.
- It really helps if you have some experience with SEM (SEO and PPC), WordPress, Analytics, Social Media Marketing, E-Mail Marketing, Digital Advertising Tools in general and can write clever ad copy. It also helps if you are one of those people who always notices typos and inconsistencies and have a natural appreciation for good design.
- This is a salaried and full-time position.
- Tribu is an equal opportunity employer.
Tribu is a digital and design agency in San Antonio, Texas. We build “tribes” for our Tribe Partners (what most would call “Clients”). We’re award-winning (over 90 wins in our nine years of business) and progressive. We believe in breaking stuff and pushing boundaries, productively. We like innovation, technology (namely, the internet), and stellar design. We use all the fine knowledge we’ve gained from pressing mysterious buttons, some formal education, past “work” experience, and life in general to 1) build the best brands for our Tribe Partners and 2) ideate and execute digital marketing campaigns with highly measurable ROI. Those two efforts equal our outcome: we build Tribes…that is, groups of people that are united around brands (consumer loyalty is not dead).
It’s laid-back in the sense that we wear what we want to the office (on most days) but it’s hustle, smarts, and grit that bonds our high performers and allow us to constantly celebrate victories with and for our Tribe Partners. We have problems too, like most companies, but our favorite thing about our culture is that we solve those problems together – we’ve got each other’s backs. We’re a Tribe. We’re humble and we hardcore believe in #workhardplayhard. We practice candor, deep respect, and enjoy the occasional office masseuse. Also, we welcome pups. We like breakfast tacos, dance parties, and witty puns or clever shenanigans. Laughter is prevalent here. Oh yeah, and we’re small but mighty – about 20 Tribe Members strong right now. Therefore, we know each other well and we like that too. Last but not least, we all know what #TribeLove means and while we embrace constant change #TribeLove and our desire to be surrounded by high performers are our unwavering constants.
Want To Apply? Awesome!